The Wisdom of Your Heart, Course 1
Experience the Book in 6 Weeks.
Your Emotions are trying to tell you something.
We believe many myths about emotions: Emotions always lie. They lead you astray. Emotions aren't spiritual. The more spiritual we become, the less emotional we'll be. And the biggest myth of all: God isn't emotional.
None of those are true.
The truth is emotions are an essential God-given source of wisdom and guidance. Learning to listen to the truth revealed by our emotions is not only important but vital to Christian discipleship. It lies at the center of rich relationships, vibrant families, and healthy churches.
In the book The Wisdom of Your Heart: Discovering the Purpose and Power of Your Emotions, Marc tackles these myths and explores a better way of seeing and relating to our emotions. In the pages of this book, Marc explores:
- The four most destructive Christian myths about emotions.
- What scripture says about God's emotions and ours.
- How recent brain research gives insight into God's design for our emotions.
- How to notice our emotional responses and hear the truth they contain.
- Practical guidance for responding to difficult emotions such as grief, fear, and anger.
“The Wisdom of Your Heart: Course 1” is a 6-week course designed to take you or a small group through the essential principles of the book The Wisdom of Your Heart: Discovering the Purpose and Power of Your Emotions. This course is offered free for all to use in accompanying the book, whether for individual or small group use.
It includes the following:
1. 6 Lessons designed to take you through the book in 6 weekly sessions.
2. One short video each week, between 10-15 minutes long, designed to introduce you to one of the chief principle from that section of the book.
3. A reading selection from the book The Wisdom of Your Heart.
4. Questions that can be used for personal reflection or group discussion.
5. Printable Lesson Notes sheet for each week, especially recommended for use with small groups.
The material presented in each module of this course is designed to serve as an introduction and discussion starter for small groups and book groups who are reading the book together. However, the material can be profitably used by individuals who want to learn more about how to grow in emotional maturity.
Writer, local pastor, speaker, hobbyist theologian, recovering fundamentalist. Tea drinker & motorcycle rider. Marc is a teacher at heart, and his passion for helping people find practical tools for personal and spiritual growth led to the development of the Apprenticeship Lab. But Marc's heart is to teach things that equip people to own their own spiritual life and relationship with Jesus. The goal is always to be intentionally moving people closer to a fully-experienced relationship with Jesus. You can learn more about Marc at his website here.